| Buying A Home with Barbara Allen
There are many steps in buying a home. The following 6 step guide should ONLY be used as a reference. It's wise to consult a licensed Realtor prior to entering into any Real Estate transaction.
Step #1 : Know Who Is Working For You
State law requires that ALL agents disclose agency.
The various types of agency in Mississippi are:
- Single Agency - In a single agency the agent represents either the Seller or the Buyer with the use of a Listing Agreement, or Buyer Representation Agreement.
- Duel Agency- The duel agent provides limited representation to the Seller or the Buyer or BOTH.
- Non-Representation - In Non-Representation, the agent does not represent either the seller, the Buyer, or Both
THE FOLLOWING DO NOT REPRESENT YOU:
For Sale by Owners
- Are NOT required by law to disclose material defects about the home.
- Usually are OVERPRICED.
- Usually are willing to work with a Real Estate agent, If you disclose up front to them that you are.
- There are many companies and many different types of loans.
- As Real Estate professionals I can help direct you to the best lenders. Lenders that know they have to do the best they can for my buyers or I don't refer them again!
- Most people only receive a mortgage Possibly a few times in their life. We want to ascertain that you receive the best program available.
- Sell title insurance and are representatives of the insurance company.
- Most people compare three companies.
- I can help you find the company that's best for you.
Step #2 : Get Finacially Qualified
Let our team help you find a lender, with the right financing for you. The BEST rates and terms to get you on the right track for the best home.
WARNING: don't find what you think may be the perfect home only to find you can't afford it, or have to take terms that really don't work for you.
Step #3 : The Searching Process
Should you see a sign, magazine, internet, or newspaper ad let me know. I can get you the information. Remember if you do call another agent, tell them you are working with Barbara Allen. Please encourage them to let you know if they have any listings of theirs that I should show you.
Step #4 : We've Found The Best Home
- I make sure the financing will work
- I make sure the pricing is right
- I prepare the contract, estimate costs for you, and help negotiate the best terms
Step #5 : Closing Procedures
- I will assist in helping make sure all parties meet the conditions of the contract
- Will follow up with the mortgage company, inspections, etc.
- Will assist you with ALL phases of the closing process
Remember, buying a home can be easy, when you have an experienced professional working with you and FOR YOU.
Step #6 : Mortgage Application Information
Information that may be needed for a mortgage
- Social Security cards & Drivers License.
- Residence Address - Past 2 years - landlord or Mortgagee.
- Names and addresses of each employer - Past 2 years.
- Previous 2 years W-2's & current pay stub.
- Names, Addresses, Account #'s, & Balances, ALL checking and savings accounts
- Names, Addresses, Account #'s, & Balances, &Monthly payments on ALL open loans.
- Addresses of other Real Estate owned.
- Loan information on other real estate owned
- Estimated value of Furniture and Personal Property.
- Certificate of Eligibility or DD214's (V.A. ONLY)
- Money for Credit Report and Appraisal
- IF YOU ARE SELF EMPLOYED - SEE YOUR LOAN OFFICE FOR REQUIREMENTS